Tuesday, September 27, 2016

You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero

The rest of the title to this book is How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Live an Awesome Life

I'm torn on my thoughts about this book. I forget who recommended it and I didn't hate it but I didn't run away, clutching it to my bosom, ready to change my life.

Here's the thing: Sincero went deep into a "Source Energy" of the Universe that you basically need to channel and turn everything over to because this energy of the Universe will provide you with everything you ever desire in life, including happiness and money. But ONLY if you really want these things and only if you operate at a "high frequency" so the Universe knows to tune in to your frequency and respond to it.

Hmmm.

As a Buddhist, I firmly believe in the karma "rule". What you put out into the world, in your words, actions and thoughts, is what comes back to you. Good or bad. Karma is not a bitch. If you feel like karma is a bitch, it's probably because you're a bitch. So in that aspect, I kind of get Sincero's source energy thing. What you give, you get.

I also appreciated the concept of START NOW. That's where I personally have trouble. I procrastinate and promise myself I'll start that class tomorrow, lose that weight next month, etc. I do need a kick in the ass to get me going. It felt like Sincero gave me a hearty slap instead of a kick.

I also appreciated the chapters on facing your fears. I'm in my Fearless Forties now and am really taking that bull by the horns. But I did that prior to reading this book. Still....kudos.

So I guess I'm saying, I've heard a lot of this before, I know, as a person who wants to make significant changes, that I need to hear this. But I think there was too much "turn your life over to the Universe or live in the Big Snooze forever" to make me feel motivated.

We'll see. I wrote down some key points and will really make an attempt. Like I said, some places she was spot on

“If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.” 

Others.....

“Surrendering is the free-falling backwards into the unknown and trusting that The Universe will catch you.” 


But let's end with


“There’s nothing as unstoppable as a freight train full of fuck-yeah.” 

Fuck yeah.


No comments: