Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Bones on Ice by Kathy Reichs

This is a novella, a very short Temperance Brennan story, that unfolds in 104 pages (or 3.5 hours if you do the audio). I needed something short, sweet and intriguing and I got it.

Reichs is such a good storyteller. She builds suspense like nobody with each chapter ending in a way that MAKES you have to read "just one more chapter". Even though this was a short novella, she didn't skimp on what makes her so great.

Brennan is asked to identify a body that was found on Mt. Everest that probably belongs to a very wealthy woman's daughter. Should be simple, yes? Oh no. Brennan ends up down the rabbit hole of intense climbing feats, shady business dealings, murder and .... well, I don't want to spoil it because I was very excited when I figured out what happened.

If you like the full length Brennan books, you will like this. Just a taste to keep you going until the next one comes out.


No comments: