Monday, January 4, 2016

The Walking Dead Compendium 2 by Robert Kirkman

My original plan was to wait to read this until I got Compendium 3, then to binge on both books on vacation. I got #3 for Christmas but as I got further into #2, I got spoiled for the show. My bad. I thought #2 ended at the same time of the show....and then I realized we're only at the mid-season finale of the show and I'm just a dumbass.

So, if you don't want to be spoiled, ignore #2 until this season is over. The mid-season finale had Rick and co. quietly marching out of their house in their gore-covered ponchos to escape the herd of zombies that made it into Alexandria. I got to that part in #2 and flipped the page and .... well, shit.

I won't spoil if you haven't read #2 or seen the show up to this point. This compendium covers where #1 left off with the fallout of the Governor's prison raid and the gang gets split up. There are quite a few noticeable differences but rest assured Gabriel is there, the cannibals are there, Alexandria is there. Just not quite in the same fashion as the TV show has been telling us.

For 1,000+ pages, I read it in less than 10 days. I devoured this one. Another excellent batch of comics from Kirkman.


No comments: