Sunday, January 19, 2014

Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich

There's a reason I only get some books from the library. Oh Janet.... why are all your Stephanie Plum books exactly the same?!?! I LOVED this series when I started at One for the Money. Kept loving it and buying the books up into the double digits. But now, now.... I keep reading in hopes that something changes.

I guess there was a change in this one. A giraffe named Kevin. That was new.

But Lula and Stephanie... the same. Grandma... the same.  Ranger and Morelli and the "inner turmoil" at having 2 gorgeous guys in lust with her..... the same. No resolution for anyone but Kevin.

There are still laugh out loud moments. But things are repeated so much it feels like Evanovich is writing these so that people can start anywhere in the series and get the ENTIRE back story. We know the back story. Please quit telling us.

I'm sure I'll read 21, 22, 23, etc. I'll keep going as long as the library stocks them. And I'll keep hoping. Hoping for something to happen besides a giraffe named Kevin.

No comments: