Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

I read this on vacation as well and though I didn't review my other vacation reads, I did want to do a small review about this one.

I was terribly excited to download this to my kindle and spent my evenings on my balcony in Florida, overlooking the beach, reading. It's a very short book but it's such a wonderful story, so beautifully written that it packed the needed punch.

While it was told from the point of view of a child, this is not a YA book. We never find out the narrator's name (but we do find that names are quite powerful indeed) we do meet Lettie and her family.

There is magic of some sort in the air around the Hempstock's farm but I truly do not want to give away anything because I had such a good time discovering everything in this world.

Please do read this one.

No comments: