Monday, August 27, 2012

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Wow.

I haven't read a book in a long time that caught me off guard like this one. I found out about it through the Books on the Nightstand podcast and was intrigued when they said you HAD to have someone to discuss this book with. They are right and I have no one :(
 

It starts out fairly tame. We have Nick and Amy, a seemingly "perfect" couple who are going through a rough patch but coming up on their 5th anniversary. The story is told alternating between Nick's current story and Amy's old diary. On the day of the anniversary, Nick heads to The Bar he owns with his twin sister and Amy goes missing, seemingly taken right out of her house.

The police are called and it's beginning to look pretty bad for Nick.

I cannot say anymore because I want you to happen upon the twists and turns. I want you to gasp and say "Oh HELL no" like I did. I want you to read this book in one day because you have to know what's happening. And then I want you to discuss it with me!

Hurry!

No comments: