Monday, February 20, 2012

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

I realized as I was reading this that I didn't read #17. Ah well. If anything, this is a series that can be easily read out of order without missing a beat. Essentially it IS the same story over and over again but I got to say.... I really enjoyed this one.

Stephanie Plum just gets home from a trip to Hawaii and everything is confused and complicated. We eventually get the story pieced together and, not surprisingly, it involves Ranger and Morelli. Throw in a dead guy in a trash can, a photo that appeared in Stephanie's messenger bag and Lula with a rocket launcher and this is one of the better books in the series.

1 comment:

Luxembourg said...

The first few books in this series were really good, had interesting story lines, and were worth reading. The next few were funnier but still good. I used to laugh out loud at these books but now more than likely, I yawn. Let's go back to the Metro Girl/Motor Mouth series. Maybe that has some life in it. My guess is that these books are being turned out too fast and without really working out the plots as well as they could have been worked out.