Thursday, May 26, 2011

Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin

An audiobook read by Kathy herself this was less funny than I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this, and I really like Kathy's comedy but this book kind of proves she's a real person. Weird, right?

This is a little memoir (6 hours+) and I'm left with "Wow, she works hard" and "She's ballsy and just doesn't give a shit what people think" and "She was married? And he kinda sounds like a loser". I've only sometimes watched her show Life on the D List but I have a feeling I'll be watching more. She traces growing up, her family issues, her marital issues, issues with her weight and body image, and well, everything. She truly holds nothing back.

Not AS funny as I thought it would be but still a pretty good book, so go listen to it.

No comments: