Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dark Horse by Tami Hoag

Another book I just found in my bookcase. I swear my bookcases are like my own secret bookstore.

Good little mystery set in the horse world. Who knew that world was so backstabbing, strife with jealousy and murder? It is in Hoag's version (and perhaps the real one). Elena Estes is a cop who was severely injured on the job. Her actions cost the life of another cop and she has since retreated into misery and suicidal thoughts. While staying with a friend and taking care of his horses, Estes is approached by Molly, a little girl who is worried that her sister Erin has been hurt. After some indecision, Estes takes the case to search for Erin and ends up with more than she bargained for (to take a cliched phrase).

Pretty fun book to read with a surprising ending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have that same book on my bookshelf and I don't know where my copy came from either. I definitely know I didn't buy it and I still haven't read it. But at least now I know it's a decent read, so I'll add it to the pile.