Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy

Subtitled as 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done In Less Time, this was a pretty short (2:40 audiobook) book that basically outlines how to get off your duff and get a move on, in work and your personal life.

Is it The Word? Probably not, but most of it did seem like common sense. I did use some of the suggestions already such as starting your day (or ending your night) by making a list of tasks that need to be done that day (or the next day). I know how necessary this is, but sometimes once I get to work, all hell breaks loose and there's no time. As Tracy says, MAKE TIME. I started doing this this week and it really did help focus me on what needed to be done. Tracy expounds on the fact that only 1-3 of your daily tasks are essential to your work/job. Working to identify those tasks and only doing those tasks is ideal but I couldn't see me trying this at my job.

I'm not going to continually tell myself I'm awesome, like he suggests, but I can tell myself that this little book was well worth reading and actually using.

No comments: