Monday, December 29, 2008

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

I finally broke down and read this. My friend Shelly recommended it and since I trust her instincts, I got a copy from the library. After being 20 millionth in line....

This was an entertaining teen romance-type book between a vampire and a chick. Buffy and Angel, they are definitely NOT. Edward and Bella, our young couple, meet in school after Bella transfers to Forks to live with her dad. Edward is apparently a stunning specimen of flesh (seeing the movie posters makes me beg to differ) and Bella is soon madly in love as only a teenager can be. Are they doomed? What, with him being a bloodsucker and all? Who knows....this is only the first book in the series. I'm in line for the next book, #10,001.

So far, I agree that this is a cute series, definitely made for teens but entertaining for everyone. Quick reads, I'll never purchase the books and probably won't see the movie, but it will be a fun journey to see what happens to these kiddos.



I do have a quibble: vampires DO NOT and never ever should *sparkle*. Geesh.

No comments: