Thursday, November 27, 2008

Shadow Man by Cody McFadyen

It's been a long while since I read a book in 2 sittings in less than a day. A coworker lent me this book, claiming it was a great mystery and thriller. I was skeptical but am now a believer!

Smoky Barrett is the lead character, an FBI agent who was tortured, raped and left without a family by a serial killer that she had been chasing. Left with facial scars, Smoky returns to work (after much heartache and indecision) to hunt the newest serial killer.

Jack Jr. thinks he's the descendant of Jack the Ripper and he wants Smoky to be the person to hunt him. Targeting her and her team, this is a fast-paced chase to the end. Really, I found myself reading very very fast.

There are several twists and turns that I won't reveal. Suffice it to say that the ending twist did make me gasp.

This book is filled to the brim with great characters, the kind you actually want to root for. It has suspense, plot and enough visceral images to make you consider not reading it while you eat.

The first book in the series (the third is apparently out now), I'll be starting the 2nd one.....now.

No comments: