Saturday, October 25, 2008

Raw Vol 2. No. 3

Tagged as High Culture for Low Brows, this is a graphic novel full of eclectic works. My favorite is Maus, which I've read several times before and will be reading several times more in the future. This collection just featured chapter 10 of the Maus series but it gives a good idea to someone new to Maus of just how great the series is.

More fun to be had with a full adventure of Krazy Kat. Made in the 1930's, it's still pretty entertaining. My dad is from 1936 and he's not that entertaining anymore :)

Lynda Barry is always a favorite and was also included. I've read the "strip" before but still really like it.

If you like low brow, read Raw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading Hocus Pocus by Vonnegut and hope to get my hands on Timequake, too.

I think it's fun--since the grind of 1300+ words on a daily average can only be described as "fun"--to observe how our influences leak out into our work.

I, for one, will take all the Vonnegut I can get.

What author or books would you recommend to me during this fabulous month of reading, writing and the intrusions of work and human relationships?

Your fan,
Barrie