Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blind Spot by Terri Persons

It's been awhile since I read a straight mystery and figured that the one I picked up should be good. Blind Spot works on a premise of an FBI agent named Bernadette Saint Clare who has....well, I'm not sure. She's capable of seeing what killers see, apparently as it happens.

While this was a good mystery, the main mystery was the sketchiness of Saint Clare's gift. Not many folks believe her, so she's shuffled to a basement in MN. Her new boss may or may not be behind her with her visions.

She, herself, admits to many problems with the visions. She's pursued the wrong people, taken the wrong path to solve crimes. So I'm confused as to why her character is constantly jumping to conclusions. Just because you see a person in a hospital doesn't make them a doctor. This part of Saint Clare's character just really bugged me.

I see that there is a new book out to continue the characters from Blind Spot. I'll be sure to read it just to see if some of the sketchiness goes away. Saint Clare would be, could be, a really great female lead if the kinks are worked out.

No comments: