Friday, March 14, 2008

The IBS Healing Plan - Theresa Cheung

I scored this ARC from LibraryThing's Early Reviewer group. And I'm very pleased that I did.

IBS is just one of the many digestive problems I have and, while I've been fairly successful in keeping the symptoms under control, I haven't seen a book that was dedicated to natural ways of subduing IBS. This book covers a lot of ground including what foods to eat, supplements to take (vitamins/minerals/herbs), alternative therapies (massage, acupuncture, etc) and stress management.

Although this book goes the natural route, the author repeatedly asks the patient to work with their doctor and not to go off trying herbs and such willy nilly.

I especially liked the A-Z symptom guide with hints on how to help your specific IBS symptoms...because there are quite a few of them.

All in all, this was an informative book and, as a 12 year veteran of IBS, I even learned a few things.

No comments: